Sunday 12 November 2017

Love life of a slow lover ( In Series)

Love life of a slow lover

Episode 1.

Ahem...hi....Kavya”  I announced my arrival.

She was on the terrace, her brownish, curly long hair reflecting golden moonshine in them. She was looking at the stars and sometimes at the trees in a beautiful winter evening.  I stood some inches beside her, sipping the silence that she was already experiencing and making it richer with her presence.

“ Hey hii”. She said in her usual compose and sweet voice

“It’s a nice evening..”  i said. It’s always good to start with the weather, though a cliché but still works.

“ Yeh it is indeed. When did you come?” She said.

“ Just . How was your day?”  i was still wandering in rounds.

“ Nice, as usual.”

I felt my heartbeats grew louder. 

'Did it mean that she enjoyed a lot at the office? Did it mean that she had special someone at the office? Was my love life about finish even before the start?'
These were the questions usually floated in my mind. They hadn’t haunted me actually till then. 

I often had wondered  ‘how wouldn’t anybody propose to such a mindblowingly beautifull girl?’ so i had started accepting the fact that someone must be there.

In spite of all these demoralizing facts, I decided to venture ahead. I tell you it wasn’t that easy. Before asking anything i was still playing around on the weather, days work and health, taking pauses to have deep breaths in between.

She too was not all clueless. I thought she had already sensed something, you know, something off the routine. But she was as calm and cool as the moon in the sky. I was as restless and confused as the clouds floating around the yellow moon.

I collected my scattered conscience and did ask her the most, sorry the second most important question of the evening and probably of my life.
“ Do you have a boy friend?"

Then there was a silence, the silence that made you notice passing seconds in your wrist watch. And I could clearly hear two distinct pieces of silence- one  was embracing the whole evening and the other was inside me that had the background of my pounding heartbeats.

She looked into my eyes. I couldn’t see what was there in her dark, deep eyes as mine were not able to see clearly.

Then she looked to the horizon and said
“ No”

‘ Really? I can’t believe’ i wanted to shout in euphoria. But it would have spoiled the moment so i controlled myself somehow. The moon seemed smiling at me. The clouds had made a big cluster around it. The whole scene looked as if the moon was protected from all the bad boys in the town.

She didn’t ask ‘Why?’

I felt relieved.

“You are so beautiful. How could it be that no one has ever fallen for you?” I asked. 
I wasn’t flirting. I meant it from very core of my heart.
She blushed a bit. It was the most beautiful Kavya i had ever seen ( off course till that moment)  The golden moonlight had brightened her already lit face.


............................................................************............................................
After i missed the golden chance on the terrace with Kavya, i took the refuge to the social media.  

“ I want to say you something. Its urgent. Would you like to have coffee with me?”

It was the message i had written and rewritten in on the page of my head some myriad times in last few days, rather in last few sleepless nights.But couldn’t dare to type it and hit send button.

On that day, i, ignoring the drums of pounded heart beats and shaking hands, typed this message on whatsapp message window, exhaled and inhaled several times and hit the send button.

Now it was ten long minutes, i had been waiting, with fingers crossed, for the desired reply. Meanwhile my mind considered all the good, awesome as well as bad, awful consequences of my move which might or might not be expected by the beautiful, divine persona on the other end of the line- kavya.

I was afraid my indecisive nature might doom my newly sprouted love life. so it was better earlier than late.

‘What if her parents are about to engage her with one of the most eligible bachelors – engineers (these bastards are still in demand. Do hell with them!!!) Or the worst what if she is already engaged with one’ My moronic mind wasn’t ready to shut up.


Mobile phone beeped. Hope sprouted. Then crushed. It wasn’t her. It beeped around 100 times signalling the swamping of useless ‘ forwarded as received’ messages in the whatsapp inbox. 

No comments:

The Great Indian Lower Middle Class Marriages:

Episode 2 The nubile boy and his expectations from a girl  Ashwin is from a lower middle class farmer family. It is quite evident...